Skip to main content

Staying at the ONLY HOTEL in Montclair NJ: The MC Hotel

Situated in the heart of Montclair, New Jersey, you will find the only hotel in all of Montclair, The MC Hotel. This hotel brings a translocal experience to its guests, which is what I think sets it apart from other hotels, and here's why: 

FOOD

Let's talk food first! The MC is lucky enough to have Chef Amber Lancaster as their executive chef of their restaurant, The Allegory and their rooftop, The Alto. 

Chef Amber Lancaster is currently in Season 19 of Hell's Kitchen, that airs on Fox, and they have incorporated that into The Allegory. On Thursday nights when Hell's Kitchen airs, The Allegory has a secret menu that goes along with the theme of the episode that is airing that night. So on the Thursday night I was there to dine, I did not know until I sat down that it was Burger Night on the show, so I was able to enjoy Chef Amber's Special Burger while Hell's Kitchen played on televisions throughout the restaurant. Along with the secret menu being available on Thursday nights, the regular menu is still always available, which I was able to order from as well. All of the dishes were flavorful, colorful and showed off Chef Amber's Southwestern roots with a little spice mixed in. 

The food and drink items that you'll find upstairs at The Alto are just as tasty and enjoyable as they are in The Allegory. I highly recommend trying the Chorizo Stuffed Dates and the House Popped Corn with Truffle Oil! The rooftop is a gorgeous space with indoor and outdoor seating, with great views of Montclair and the New York City Skyline. 

ROOMS

Now let's talk about the rooms in the MC Hotel. The MC is part of Marriott's Autograph Collection which means you are going to be staying in a chic boutique-style hotel. 

As with all hotels during this time, things are running a little differently than normal, so at check-in, I would suggest sharing your comfort levels with the hotel staff so they know how to properly accommodate you. For example, do you feel comfortable having someone walk in your room to drop off your luggage or would you rather have your luggage waiting outside your door? If you share your preferences with the hotel in advance, they will be able to better suit you and make sure your stay is to your comfort level. The room itself is very spacious and very modern. 

In the mornings, complimentary coffee is available in the lobby, however if you would like to have a coffee maker in your room, you will need to ask for it (preferably) the night before. Coffee makers are normally in the rooms, but were removed due to Covid, but they are happy to provide you with one, as long as you ask for it. 

ART, CULTURE & LOCAL 

My favorite part of the MC Hotel is that they bring translocal hospitality to the forefront of your hotel experience. This means they try to incorporate as many local businesses and artists into their property, so they are using local breweries, local coffee shops, local artists and more, to really showcase what and who is based in the area. After the heart-breaking year so many of us had, especially small businesses, I love that the MC Hotel is supporting local businesses as a part of their brand. 

See more of the MC Hotel in the video below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everybody Needs to be Compensated Properly, Equitably, & Above Board

image from @evanrosskatz instagram Amanda Seyfried said it best “Everybody needs to be compensated for their work. That’s f*cking easy.” She said this in reference to the recent WGA strikes happening in Hollywood. However, I would like to take her quote and apply it to what I’ve noticed the issues are with how the entertainment industry is ran here in Florida.   After working in the entertainment industry for over 10 years in New York City, I expected some things to be handled differently in Florida but not to the extent that I have witnessed. The biggest issue here is that people are, simply, not compensated for their work.   Let’s start off with, how Florida does not see the value in models. Business owners believe that if they provide you with a free item from, let’s say their restaurant, so a cocktail, that’s enough compensation to use your likeness and image in perpetuity on all mediums and formats. This is so wrong. Modeling is a profession and it should be treated as su...

Apple Picking Season Is Here! 🍎

Labor Day has passed and the cooler temperatures are slowly approaching, which means Fall is almost here and it is time for APPLE PICKING! Many farms, at least the ones that I found in Central New Jersey, are still allowing people to access their farms for PYO (pick your own) apples, however they all have different precautions and procedures; some have timed admission slots, or are only allowing apple picking on certain days of the week, etc. So I would highly recommend checking their websites and calling the farms directly, (even if you go to the same one every year) to find out what their current procedures are.  The big difference I noticed this year, when it came to visiting a farm for apple picking, was that a lot of them were charging fees for apple picking. I'm not sure if this "fee" is covid-related, but the idea of paying to access a farm and then additionally paying for the apples you pick, was not something I wanted to do, so the goal was to find a farm that di...

September Self Care Awareness Month

September is Self Care Awareness Month and I have been making a conscious effort to take care of myself this month! I think it is so important, especially now, after spending so much time in quarantine, to take care of yourself and your mental health. So, I wanted to share with you a few of the ways I have been taking care of myself. If you follow me on instagram , you know how much I truly enjoy exercising and taking time out of my day for working out. I use Tone It Up's App for work out videos and toning moves. I have been using these girls' work outs for years. I love how they keep the moves and routines different, so you never get bored. My friend Alyssa Cerrachio , is a personal trainer and group fitness instructor, and she does IG Live Work Outs, which I also really enjoying doing and sometimes even partake in. I met her when I took her classes at Athleta's Studio in NYC and I just fell in love with her energy and how she challenges you and strengthens you during her...