Skip to main content

FunSized Food

For this week's In The Kitchen With FunSized I made stuffed bell peppers for the first time and it was such a success!

I don't have a recipe to share with you because I made this one up on my own.

What you'll need is:

- 1 Package of Ground Turkey Meat
- Green and/or Red Peppers (number depends on how many people you are serving)
- 1 Yellow Onion
- Fresh Baby Spinach
- Craisins
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt
- Pepper

The first thing you want to do is place the ground turkey meat in a stove-top pan with a little bit of olive oil in it. Sprinkle some salt and pepper onto the meat as it starts to cook. Medium to light heat is good. While it is cooking drizzle some of balsamic vinegar on the meat and continue to mix. As the meat is on the stove you want to set your oven to about 350 degrees.

While the meat is cooking cut up some onion, I did about two slices and then cut it into small pieces, add that into the ground turkey meat on the stove. Along with that, add in some spinach. Spinach shrinks when you cook it so you definitely want to add plenty into the mixture.

The last ingredient to add is some craisins! If you'd like, depending on how much you enjoy balsamic vinegar, drizzle it into the mixture once last time and mix it around so the craisins get some of the flavor as well.




As the mixture is cooking, you should cut and prepare the bell peppers. I used one green and one red pepper and I cut them in half. I placed them in a glass baking dish. It is important that you put a small layer of water on the bottom of the dish so that the peppers don't burn when they are in the oven.

At this point, the meat mixture should be full cooked, your oven is preheated and it is time to add the meat mixture into the pepper. Use a spoon and be careful and really push the mixture deep into the pepper.



Once the meat is stuffed into the bell peppers, the last step is place the mozzarella cheese on top of the peppers. Now that it's all done, time to go into the oven to bake until the cheese is golden!


If you noticed while sharing my recipe with you, I did not give you any measurements... well, that's because I didn't use any. I just "eye-balled" it! It really depends upon your personal preference. Cooking is about being creative and having fun and that's all I was doing and I'm sure you can do the same thing!

It was absolutely delicious, the balsamic vinegar really added a nice flavor to the peppers and meat. This is definitely a recipe I will use again.


Have you made stuffed bell peppers? What did you put inside of them? Let me know!







Follow me on: Bloglovin'TwitterYouTubeFacebookInstagram.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everybody Needs to be Compensated Properly, Equitably, & Above Board

image from @evanrosskatz instagram Amanda Seyfried said it best “Everybody needs to be compensated for their work. That’s f*cking easy.” She said this in reference to the recent WGA strikes happening in Hollywood. However, I would like to take her quote and apply it to what I’ve noticed the issues are with how the entertainment industry is ran here in Florida.   After working in the entertainment industry for over 10 years in New York City, I expected some things to be handled differently in Florida but not to the extent that I have witnessed. The biggest issue here is that people are, simply, not compensated for their work.   Let’s start off with, how Florida does not see the value in models. Business owners believe that if they provide you with a free item from, let’s say their restaurant, so a cocktail, that’s enough compensation to use your likeness and image in perpetuity on all mediums and formats. This is so wrong. Modeling is a profession and it should be treated as such.   Sin

Quarantine Night time Skin Care Routine

Throughout this time in quarantine, I really have made a conscious effort to take care of my skin. I think this is the best it has looked in a really long time, partly because of how I've been keeping up with this nightly routine.  So here is the quick video version of it and then I'm going to go into detail of what exactly I am doing... If I'm wearing make-up, I first use Biore's Charcoal Cleansing Micellar Water to take off my make-up, or at least the majority of it. Now even though, it says on the bottle you can use this without rinsing it off, I feel like it still leaves a film which is why I go to wash my face with soap afterwards.  To wash my face, I vary between different gentle cleansers but for this video I used Lancome's Miel-en-Mousse Foaming Face Wash, which smells incredible! Washing my face after removing my make up, helps make sure there is no remaining residue of make up on my skin before I continue with my routine. After washing my face, I

July Events around Tampa Bay!

It’s America’s Birthday month, so there are plenty of fun events and festivities happening around Tampa Bay this month! First things first, be sure to watch my July FunSized Five video  here . There is absolutely no time to waste so on July 1st head on over to Armature Works for their Tampa’s Backyard BBQ . From 12pm to 5pm, there will be hot dogs, burgers and oysters on the pier near Stones Throw along with live music for you to enjoy on the Riverwalk.   Now here’s what you should know about July 4th: Star Spangled Sparkman will start at Sparkman Wharf at 4pm. There’ll be family-friendly activities along with  live entertainment, a game zone, plenty of entertainment, food and beverage specials and more. Then at 6pm, the Water Ski Show begins and you will only be able to see this from Sparkman Wharf. This will also be when the Boat Parade begins and I would recommend looking at the map on this site , to decide where you’d like to watch the parade from.   At 9:15pm is when the firewo