Skip to main content

In the Kitchen with FunSized

One of many goals for 2013 is to try a new recipe each week.

What better way to start this off than for my Mom's Birthday Dinner! January 8th is not only Elvis' Birthday but it is also my fabulous Mom's Birthday. So this past Tuesday, I prepared for her 'Provençal Lamb Daube,' which is a recipe I found in InStyle Magazine's January Issue. I'm a sucker for anything French so I thought I try this recipe by chef Daniel Boulud out.

I found the recipe online to share with all of you, however it is not from InStyle's website even though that's the magazine I found it from!

There are many ingredients that go into this dish, so prepping took up a lot of time but baking it took even longer!

Here's the before picture...

 

And finally after baking for 2 1/2 hours...                          



I left out the potatoes and didn't make the garlic grits. We had some kale on the side that I cooked on the stove in some oil and chicken broth and then topped with garlic and parmesan cheese. 

I expected this meal to be extremely flavorful due to all the seasonings included in it, but it ended up being too much. There was not one distinguished flavor which did not make this recipe a fan with my tasters! 

Hopefully next week's recipe will be better! If you have any to share with me, post them below! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everybody Needs to be Compensated Properly, Equitably, & Above Board

image from @evanrosskatz instagram Amanda Seyfried said it best “Everybody needs to be compensated for their work. That’s f*cking easy.” She said this in reference to the recent WGA strikes happening in Hollywood. However, I would like to take her quote and apply it to what I’ve noticed the issues are with how the entertainment industry is ran here in Florida.   After working in the entertainment industry for over 10 years in New York City, I expected some things to be handled differently in Florida but not to the extent that I have witnessed. The biggest issue here is that people are, simply, not compensated for their work.   Let’s start off with, how Florida does not see the value in models. Business owners believe that if they provide you with a free item from, let’s say their restaurant, so a cocktail, that’s enough compensation to use your likeness and image in perpetuity on all mediums and formats. This is so wrong. Modeling is a profession and it should be treated as su...

July Events around Tampa Bay!

It’s America’s Birthday month, so there are plenty of fun events and festivities happening around Tampa Bay this month! First things first, be sure to watch my July FunSized Five video  here . There is absolutely no time to waste so on July 1st head on over to Armature Works for their Tampa’s Backyard BBQ . From 12pm to 5pm, there will be hot dogs, burgers and oysters on the pier near Stones Throw along with live music for you to enjoy on the Riverwalk.   Now here’s what you should know about July 4th: Star Spangled Sparkman will start at Sparkman Wharf at 4pm. There’ll be family-friendly activities along with  live entertainment, a game zone, plenty of entertainment, food and beverage specials and more. Then at 6pm, the Water Ski Show begins and you will only be able to see this from Sparkman Wharf. This will also be when the Boat Parade begins and I would recommend looking at the map on this site , to decide where you’d like to watch the parade from.   At 9:15pm...

Apple Picking Season Is Here! 🍎

Labor Day has passed and the cooler temperatures are slowly approaching, which means Fall is almost here and it is time for APPLE PICKING! Many farms, at least the ones that I found in Central New Jersey, are still allowing people to access their farms for PYO (pick your own) apples, however they all have different precautions and procedures; some have timed admission slots, or are only allowing apple picking on certain days of the week, etc. So I would highly recommend checking their websites and calling the farms directly, (even if you go to the same one every year) to find out what their current procedures are.  The big difference I noticed this year, when it came to visiting a farm for apple picking, was that a lot of them were charging fees for apple picking. I'm not sure if this "fee" is covid-related, but the idea of paying to access a farm and then additionally paying for the apples you pick, was not something I wanted to do, so the goal was to find a farm that di...