Skip to main content

NYC Restaurant Week

When New York City Restaurant Week happens it's as if another Miracle on 34th Street has happened!

Restaurant Week gives New Yorkers and tourists alike the ability to venture to some of the best New York City restaurants, usually the ones that the average joe couldn't normally afford to go to. It occurs twice a year and this is something you do not want to miss!

The restaurants that participate have a special three course lunch and dinner menu that they create for the event. This time around, the lunch menu is $25 and dinner one is $38; these prices are such a steal for the lavish places you get to go to!

Last week, I went to Pranna, which is on 28th and Madison and it was delish. Here's a preview of the menu. Of course, I documented the whole thing so enjoy the pictures below...

Here's part of the restaurant that I was able to see from where I was sitting. What's really cool about Pranna is that it's not only a restaurant but it is a lounge as well! The ambiance was very modern and chic and that definitely helped fit the mold to be both a lounge and a restaurant.


My lovely friend, Ashley got to the restaurant before me so when I got there, there were already these great pieces of baked pita bread on the table to munch on. We enjoyed the white dipping sauce the best; it tasted a bit like tzatziki.


For an appetizer, I ordered the crab cakes. It was very good!


For the main course, Ashley and I ordered the same dish; the Flash Fired Hanger Steak. We were both extremely grateful for the rice that accompanied the steak since the sauce was a bit too spicy for our liking. It was still good and the presentation really added to the modern Asian theme that Pranna is all about!


For dessert, I couldn't resist having the tiramisu! Tiramisu is my absolute favorite dessert and to see it on the menu with a 'Thai' twist... oh I thought I had died and went to dessert heaven! It was delicious and the perfect size too. After all that food, I was nervous I was going to have skip on dessert... but don't worry, I made all gone!


The last part of the meal, my friends, was absolutely the best part. So since I absolutely L-O-V-E twitter, I went to check out Pranna's twitter page, and while I was there I saw that their last tweet said something to the beat of, if you check-in on Yelp, you can get the cocktail of the day FOR FREE." When I saw that, Ashley and I frantically went to download the Yelp App on our phones, checked-in, and showed our waitress the deal. And here are our lovely drinks; the Cherry-Pear Brandy Smash! They were good, very sweet but still tasty!


Thanks to Pranna, I am now a huge fan of Yelp! I am all about steals and deals and I didn't know Yelp could provide that as well as reviews of almost anywhere you'd want to go! 

Ashley and I had a great time enjoying Restaurant Week and we definitely would go back to Pranna. We were told that their Sunday Brunch gets a little wild and crazy so we may just have to go and check that out for ourselves!

Have you gone to any restaurants for this winter's restaurant week in NYC? Let me know where you have gone!

Follow me on: Bloglovin', Twitter, YouTube, Facebook. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everybody Needs to be Compensated Properly, Equitably, & Above Board

image from @evanrosskatz instagram Amanda Seyfried said it best “Everybody needs to be compensated for their work. That’s f*cking easy.” She said this in reference to the recent WGA strikes happening in Hollywood. However, I would like to take her quote and apply it to what I’ve noticed the issues are with how the entertainment industry is ran here in Florida.   After working in the entertainment industry for over 10 years in New York City, I expected some things to be handled differently in Florida but not to the extent that I have witnessed. The biggest issue here is that people are, simply, not compensated for their work.   Let’s start off with, how Florida does not see the value in models. Business owners believe that if they provide you with a free item from, let’s say their restaurant, so a cocktail, that’s enough compensation to use your likeness and image in perpetuity on all mediums and formats. This is so wrong. Modeling is a profession and it should be treated as su...

July Events around Tampa Bay!

It’s America’s Birthday month, so there are plenty of fun events and festivities happening around Tampa Bay this month! First things first, be sure to watch my July FunSized Five video  here . There is absolutely no time to waste so on July 1st head on over to Armature Works for their Tampa’s Backyard BBQ . From 12pm to 5pm, there will be hot dogs, burgers and oysters on the pier near Stones Throw along with live music for you to enjoy on the Riverwalk.   Now here’s what you should know about July 4th: Star Spangled Sparkman will start at Sparkman Wharf at 4pm. There’ll be family-friendly activities along with  live entertainment, a game zone, plenty of entertainment, food and beverage specials and more. Then at 6pm, the Water Ski Show begins and you will only be able to see this from Sparkman Wharf. This will also be when the Boat Parade begins and I would recommend looking at the map on this site , to decide where you’d like to watch the parade from.   At 9:15pm...

Apple Picking Season Is Here! 🍎

Labor Day has passed and the cooler temperatures are slowly approaching, which means Fall is almost here and it is time for APPLE PICKING! Many farms, at least the ones that I found in Central New Jersey, are still allowing people to access their farms for PYO (pick your own) apples, however they all have different precautions and procedures; some have timed admission slots, or are only allowing apple picking on certain days of the week, etc. So I would highly recommend checking their websites and calling the farms directly, (even if you go to the same one every year) to find out what their current procedures are.  The big difference I noticed this year, when it came to visiting a farm for apple picking, was that a lot of them were charging fees for apple picking. I'm not sure if this "fee" is covid-related, but the idea of paying to access a farm and then additionally paying for the apples you pick, was not something I wanted to do, so the goal was to find a farm that di...